The Creator Has Given Divine Revelation
‘All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:’ ~ 2 Timothy 3:16
Now that we have our initial building blocks we begin to seek for further truth. It is at this time we wonder whether or not the creator we learned of has chosen to divinely reveal himself to mankind or not.
After searching the many books out there claiming this divine revelation we come to the book or rather books known as ‘The Holy Scriptures’ or ‘The Holy Bible’.
Do the initial truths we found support the claims of this Holy Book? Can this book be relied upon as a sure source of Divine Truth? What reasonable rational evidence do we have that they absolutely can be relied upon?
1.1 The Holy Bible Meets the Deepest Needs Of Mankind
- When we realize that there is a God and there is a judgment after death then as mortal sinful beings we naturally will seek eternal life through being forgiven of our sins and obtaining new hearts free from those things that have condemned us.
- The Bible is the only volume of books that not only confirms all the truths we know within but also provides the answer for the longings of our soul. In its pages we find a way to be forgiven of sin and also to be radically transformed on the inside and made to love righteousness, hate sin, and be at peace with a clean conscience, completely prepared for the judgment of God. In it we find Gods plan for the creation and also much revelation in regards to the Judgment to come along with its rewards and punishments.
1.2 There Is No Other Book So Perfectly Unified In Revelation
- The Bible is one book and yet it is made up of 66 books which were written by at least 40 different authors over a period of about 1600 years in 13 different countries and on three different continents. It was written in at least three different languages by people of all professions.
- Still, the Bible forms one beautiful compendium of truth that does not contradict itself theologically, morally, ethically, doctrinally, scientifically, historically, or in any other way. All other religious books in existence have contradicted themselves and do not have perfect unity. Get any group of men in just one culture and time and see if you can get them to perfectly agree on religious truth! There is no other collection of works written by man on any one subject that has such harmony as the Bible.
1.3 100’s Of Bible Predictions Have All Come to Pass
- Fulfilled prophecy is the true acid test. If a book can predict the future 100% of the time and never be wrong, then this book is truly divine. Many books have made claims to divine knowledge but their prophecies have failed and they were found to be liars.
- There are over 300 precise prophecies that deal with the Lord Jesus Christ in the Old Testament that are completely fulfilled in the New Testament. To say that these were fulfilled simply by chance is an astronomical impossibility. To say that Jesus purposely fulfilled them is impossible. Who chooses their own place of birth and how they would be born?
1.4 The Greatest Book In The History Of Mankind Is The Bible
- The Bible is not a book of the month, but it is the greatest Book of the Ages. No book has ever had as much opposition as the Bible. Men have laughed at it, scorned it, burned it, ridiculed it, and made laws against it even killing those who would publish it. Yet the Word of God has not only survived but greatly thrived!
- The Bible is also the best-selling book of all-time with Guinness World Records estimating that there have been over 5 billion copies sold. The complete Bible has been translated into over 500 languages and portions have been translated into 1000’s of languages. God has ensured that this book has permeated the entire planet.
1.5 The Bible Has The Ring Of Truth Throughout Its Pages
- When you hear a perfect chord played on an instrument you can hear the ‘harmony’ and the beautiful ‘tune’. Just like you have the God given sense of hearing to discern between harmony and discord God has also given you a 6thsense within your heart.
- If you will be completely unbiased and simply open the Word of God, read it and allow your heart to chew on the truths being taught you will hear that ‘perfect chord’ plucked and it will be sweet to your soul. Your inner being will say ‘Yes, this is the way, the truth, and is surely Eternal Life!’
1.6 Man Would Not & Could Not Have Written The Bible
- The bible must have been written either by good men, bad men, or Divine Revelation. Now it is not possible that this book was written by good men because these men said that what they wrote was not their own words but rather the words of God. This would make them liars and therefore bad men. It could not have been written by bad men because the Bible is a book that condemns bad men. What profit would it be to them? This surely is not how to network and win friends and influence people. In fact, it is a fully accepted historical fact that all the great Apostles who initially preached and spread the Bible’s message were tortured or killed, not praised.
- Remember also that these men were eye witnesses of the things they taught. They had not just been deceived by cunning men. Why then would these men write things that would get themselves killed if they were not assured that those things were divine and absolutely true? These things being so there is only one conclusion. The Bible is not from bad or good men but is a Divine Relation from God.
1.7 The Bible Has Radically Changed The Lives Of Its Followers
- And finally the greatest reason of all. As they say, the proof is in the pudding. Although there are many ‘pretenders’ or otherwise termed ‘hypocrites’ out there, those who have truly followed the teachings and guidance found in the Holy Bible have been radically transformed.
- These people have received a peace that is greater than the world can understand. They enjoy righteousness and have gained freedom from worldly pleasures that plague and destroy the rest of mankind. Most of all their hearts are filled with true love for one another and a benevolent love for the world.
What a glorious point we have now reached in our journey after truth!
- We have learned the deceptive tactics of the enemy, how to avoid them, and how crucial it is that we should never entrust our soul’s welfare to our culture or even our closest family members.
- We have learned the most fundamental truths found within our hearts and in nature and they have revealed to us our deepest needs.
- We have learned that we can fully rely on the Holy Scriptures as a solid source of divinely revealed truth.
With this new mindset let us continue our journey and explore what this divine revelation now reveals to us about all the important questions yet to be answered.